Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Namaste Bag, Art Swap, and my first freezer paper stencil....






Namaste Bag
Originally uploaded by Trixie SweetWolf
I made this bag as part of a Namaste Art Swap. It was organized by the beautiful lady who is http://prettyinpeace.etsy.com/

since I am not so much an 'artist', I decided to go with the medium I know best--fabric! There were a lot of 'firsts' here for me: my first time doing a swap like this, was my first time doing a freezer paper stencil (it worked very well!) and it was my first 'log cabin' style patchwork attempt.
I designed the symbol to represent the meaning of Namaste. (also a first, designing a symbol!)

It's very bright, hope my swapee likes it!!
and once I get my item, I'll tell you about that!
cheers
and
Namaste...


1 comment:

refabulous said...

This bag is GORGEOUS. I love the colors, the fabrics, the log cabin pattern. Your partner is a very lucky person.

I know I'm ignorant, but I had to look up "namaste." Now I've learned something today.