Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday...did I mention that I love hummus?


I do. I love hummus. and I recently learned how to make it. yes, it's just pureed chickpeas, not that hard to make....but I just found a super recipe for making it. and I get to use the fancy food processor my parents gave me for Christmas last year. so far I have used it to make hummus and salsa, that's about it. but those are 2 of my favorite foods ever. (i could probably live on chips and salsa).

so i'll share my recipe with you, even though i actually stole it off the web. so it's not my recipe really....


Red Bell Pepper Hummus!
Ingredients:I can (16oz -19oz) of chickpeas
1 red bell pepper
1 tablespoon of tahini1
½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 ½ tablespoon water
Preparation:Wash and dry red bell pepper. Chop into ½ inch pieces.In a blender or food processor, blend the chickpeas. Add red bell pepper, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, water, and salt until the ingredients form a creamy, paste-like consistency. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
*except I used peanut butter instead of tahini, and added a wee bit more lemon juice and cumin.
and I got the recipe off about.com

shazam, that's delish!!

oh, and this time when i made it i subbed orange juice for lemon juice, cause we didn't have any lemons....and it's still great! I use peanut butter cause we always have that, and i was too cheap to buy tahini, plus i don't really love tahini. and peanut butter was listed as a substitute on some other website i looked at. i tried it and it works great!

No comments: